Mii Editor Blog

Status and information on the development of the Mii Editor on MiiEditor.com

Monday, August 20, 2007

"A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 9 to run slowly"

This is the current error that is blocking my latest and greatest next feature (yet to be disclosed IF it ever sees the light of day). Turns out, someone told me that this error occured for them with the current (or an older) release of the Mii Editor as well. The sad part is, I don't think it's my fault. Instead I think this is an error on the part of the Flash Player.


This message is supposed to come up as a result of a timeout that lets the user escape from a possible infinite loop encountered in the programming of the currently playing Flash movie/application. The default timeout for this is 15 seconds, meaning it would take 15 seconds of an unresponsive Flash movie (caught in an infinite loop) before this message would be seen. Clicking yes would force the looping script to stop while now would let you continue the loop hoping that it will eventually stop looping on its own. In my current, local build, when testing my new feature, this error pops up without any loop and with the Flash Player completely responsive up until the very moment the dialog appears. Hmm, that's not supposed to happen.

I would like to think this error does not happen for the current build of the Mii Editor. However, if it has (or does) for you, I would like to know. Just fill out a bug report or post a comment below with as much information you can about what you were doing, how long you were doing it and what happened when you dismissed the dialog (if anything). Hopefully I can figure out what causes this and workaround it so this dialog won't accidentally appear when it shouldn't.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
Some times when i make a random mii, they get gold pants. Can you give us the ability to decide if the mii has golden pants or not?
 
See the previous blog post.
 
Did you ever resolve this issue with the script running slowly?

I am developing a Flash app and I am getting the same error with no infinite loops. Baffling.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]