Mii Editor Blog

Status and information on the development of the Mii Editor on MiiEditor.com

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Minor Idiot-proof update

One of the most common issues received from the contact/bug report form is that the Mii Editor screen is Flashing. This happens when your version of the Flash player is not new enough to support the editor (this is Flash's default reaction to such an occurence - as expected) - this including trying to use the editor from the Wii since it's browser does not have a new enough version. I try to indicate in many places, including the contact form, which version of the Flash player is required. Granted, I don't expect everyone to know what version they are using (though the main page has a link to find out) so I mentioned this behavior in th FAQ. I guess I should have known better since a lot of people don't check it and seem to just send off the form anyway. It's human nature.

Anyway, that led me to pull up my pants and take action. What I've done is implemented a catch screen which should now prevent the Flashing should an older version of the Flash player be detected along with a link to the page where the newest version can be downloaded. Ideally, this is something I should have done earlier, but as with the rest of us, I didn't want to bother ;)

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]