Mii Editor Blog

Status and information on the development of the Mii Editor on MiiEditor.com

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Mii Editor Standalone (AIR) Expires today

For those of you with the standalone version of the Mii Editor, you may have noticed that as of today, you will need to update the AIR runtime, the runtime on which the standalone Mii Editor was built. This runtime is currently in beta and the update is to a new beta update. I was actually hoping to wait until the next update to actually update the editor, but it seems as though I won't be able to make it until then since the version on which the Mii Editor was built will be no more after today.

What does this mean? Basically it means you will be without the standalone version until I can update it. When will that be? I'm not sure. But with each new beta things change and APIs are updated so it takes a lot more work than just a recompile. I need to rewrite a lot of the functions to conform with the new version of the runtime. If I have time to do that before the next release, I will try to get a build out that will work with the current beta 6 version of the runtime (which should remain valid for many months after release). Otherwise, it might have to wait until beta 3.

Unfortunately, I have been really busy lately, so I don't know if I'll be able to provide an update anytime soon. In fact there is a new release of the editor just hanging out in the background waiting for a few tweaks and little fixes that I haven't been able to complete for months now. The fact that christmas is on the way isn't helping either.

Just keep your fingers crossed and wish really hard :)

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]