Mii Editor Blog

Status and information on the development of the Mii Editor on MiiEditor.com

Monday, June 25, 2007

Contact/Bug Report Form Spam Protection

I've implemented a super high-tech spam prevention device in the contact/bug report form on the Mii Editor site in hopes to minimize the massive amounts of spam I'm getting from it now. How does it work? Just deselect the "I am a Spambot" checkbox and you're good. The thinking here is that a spambot will want to normally check these kinds of things and by unchecking it, you're saying you're not a bot!

If this doesn't work, I'll think of something else. I'm not going to do anything too complicated like a captcha or anything. I'm just hoping to minimize the spam with a simple deterrent.

Update: It seems the checkbox helped a little... but not all that much.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]